Chocolate Tour, Upper Talamanca
A women’s cooperative shows you their organic chocolate farm & lets you participate in the process of chocolate production YUM!
About 8 hours
Located in the heart of the Talamanca Reserve, the indigenous community located in the small town of Shiroles is one of Costa Rica’s largest Indigenous communities. With the Association of Indigenous Bribrí Women of Talamanca.—ACOMUITA.—you’ll see the reality of their lifestyle from a woman’s perspective. Through this eco-tourism project the Association leads social, economic, and cultural projects. Your visit contributes to the finance of these activities that benefit low income families—AND get to participate in the whole process of making chocolate and taste your results.
Start your visit with a nice cup of home made hot chocolate. Get involved with the process of producing chocolate from the tree on the farm, to the drying in the sun, the work in the kitchen, and the sampling of the final product.
$47 4-5 hours, Includes Snack & Lunch
$92 includes transportation too-round trip from Puerto Viejo
- Combo Tour in Alta-Talamanca. Chocolate, Watefall, Iguanas, the Costa Rica-Panama Border!
- El Yue, Eco-Agro Farm
- Yorkin - Women’s Artisan Group of Alta-Talamanca Indigenous Territory
- Agricultural Tours: Visit a Typical Talamancan Farm
- Gandoca Community--Laguna, Forest, Horseback, Volunteering, and More!
- Farm Tours
- Caribbean Cooking Class
- Kekoldi Indigenous Territory