Guided Bike Rides
Spend a day ambling up the coast with this lovable guide. Learn about the history of the Afro-Caribbeans along the coast and current issue they face today, stop at various beaches and end with a refreshing drink at the famous Maxi’s bar in Manzanillo.
Or learn about the Indigenous culture; stop by the iguana project in Kekoldi Indigenous Territory, pass by the recycling center, learn about the chocolate making process and it’s role in BriBri history, stop by a waterfall along the road, and get your workout going up the mountain to Talamanca’s political seat in the town of BriBri. Enjoy an organic lunch along the way.
From Puerto Viejo to KekoLdi and BriBri
Start in Old Harbour.
* Bike from Puerto Viejo about 5 KM to the rustic Green Iguana Project at KèköLdi Indigenous Territory
* Pass by the recycling center in Patino. (+ 1/2 km)
* Participate in the chocolate presentation with Miss Petronilla. (+ 2 to 3 KM)
* Stop by Miss Petronilla’s son’s artisan shop.
* Visit the small waterfall off the main road. (+1 KM)
* Have a typical lunch at local family farm with food produced on the farm. (on the way back to BA about 2 km from waterfall)
* If you have energy and feel very athletic, you can work those quads and bike up the mountain to the town of BriBri. BriBri the county seat of Talamanca our Canton, looks much like any other town one might see in Costa Rica. By this time you’ve gotten to know your bicycle and the terrain, you can discuss this option with your guide at lunch.
Cost: $55 6-7 hour tour (longer if you go up to BriBri)
From Puerto Viejo to Manzanillo
Bike leisurely from Old Harbour to Manzanillo. Learn some history and what’s going on today with sustainable (& not so sustainable) development along the coast. Stop by the surfer’s beach, learn about the “Blue Flag” program; visit the animal rescue center and or the Iguana restoration project, enjoy a dip at Punta Uva, & sip an ice cold beer or fruit shake at Maxi’s when you reach Manzanillo*.
Cost: $45~5 hr tour
* Beer drinking not required.
From Puerto Viejo to Cahuita National Park
Feel the wind in your hair as you take to the road on this 15 km ride from Old Harbour to Cahuita. Spot some monkeys as you take a ride through the park and relax with an organic lunch after your ride.
Cost: $40 ~6 hr tour